Make your gift count
Your generosity makes the Mennonite Michiana Relief Sale possible. There are many ways to give: from quilts to cupcakes and everything in between. On this page:
All donors will be recognized on the website! Suggested donations:
- Collectibles & memorabilia
- Handmade art pieces
- Handcrafted furniture and toys
- Home decor
- Themed gift baskets*
- Lawn/garden equipment
- Outdoor recreational items
- Unique skills & experiences
- Gift certificates
- Cabin/B&B rentals
- Sponsor this event
Get ideas for what best raises money to support MCC in helping refugees by looking at our website: biddingforgood.com/MCCsale
Items must be new, with the exception of unique collectables and antiques in good condition. Each item must have a minimum value of $50.
*Creating themed gift baskets to donate is a fun activity for Sunday school classes, small groups, ministry teams, etc. If you would like to donate gift baskets, you must contact Jep Hostetler (see contact info below).
Donations to the Online Auction must be received by Friday, Sept. 7, 2018. The Online Auction is not able to accept donations during the sale weekend.
To volunteer or donate, contact Jep Hostetler at 574-537-3762 or email@example.com. Thank you!
Donate new or gently-used children's toys with lead-free paint, e.g.
- Outdoor toys
- Art sets
- Imitation play sets
- Legos & blocks
All donations must be made before the start of the auction on Friday, Sept. 21 at 6:30 pm.
To donate, call us at 888-503-8559. Thank you!
We need high quality new and handmade art and craft donations. We sell many different types of art and crafts, including, but definitely not limited to:
- decorative pillows
- home decor
- knitted items
- baby and children’s clothing/toys/blankets/etc
- kitchen decor and crafts or tools (i.e. table runners, hot pads, aprons, towels, etc. )
Craft items for children to purchase for $2 or less (i.e., trains made out of candy, simple toys, etc.) Craft items must be delivered directly to the Community Building just inside the Main Gate and to the left.
All items should be delivered on the Friday the sale begins, preferably between 8am and 12 noon. Earlier is better, as it takes a lot of volunteer work and coordination to sort, display and price items before the beginning of the sale.
As much as possible, please tag your items with a removable tag that includes information like sizing, price suggestions, and directions for how an item is to be used (especially if the item has a unique purpose that may not be obvious without directions). The people responsible for pricing your item may change the price on your item and we always try to tag items with our own craft sale tags, but your suggestions give us a good place to start!
The Sewing Box
A great place to donate those fabrics you love that just aren't getting used, the extra skeins of yarn from a project, or the quilt blocks that are still waiting to be assembled into a top, the Sewing Box accepts donations of all quilt-related craft supplies. Consider donating:
- Fabrics: cotton, flannel, and poly-cotton
- Quilt books & magazines
- Unfinished projects with instructions and materials
- Quilt tops or blocks
- Skeins of yarn or embroidery floss
- Sewing notions
- Quilt patterns, stencils & frames
If you have questions, or items to donate and would like to arrange a pick-up, contact Anita Snyder at 574-642-4422. You may also donate by bringing your items directly to the sale on Friday morning, Sept. 21.
We are located in the building directly north of the Quilt Auction building. Sales will begin on Friday evening.
We're now selling baked goods on Friday evening, so by Saturday morning we have a minimal selection remaining. Please encourage your congregation to do more baking!
Call one of the following people to pick up baking containers, e.g. roll pans, pie pans, cookie trays, noodle & bread bags. Please call before arriving so they have time to get it ready for you.
- Orie & Miriam Schrock, (574) 533-0829, 208 S. 22 St., Goshen IN 46526
- Esther Miller, (260) 350-1148, 1165 S. SR 5, Topeka, IN 46571
- Joyce Blucker, (574) 773-4407, 26170 CR 50, Nappanee, IN 46550
- Ensure rolls and pies are completely baked, and double-bag all noodles.
- Please return all unused containers, so we'll know how many to order for next year.
- List your church's name and all ingredients on the label.
- Remind your volunteers to bring in their fresh product by Friday noon.
- New this year: NO margarine as ingredient this year.
Thank you for your continued involvement and support! We look forward to seeing you soon. If you have questions or suggestions concerning a food project, please contact Anna Miller at (574) 825-5194 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Food chair, Chris Yoder, (574) 536-9654
- Assistant food chair, Joy Miller 717-250-8197
- Board member, Anna Miller, (574) 825-5194
- Food coordinators:
Jayne Martin, (574) 238-2689
Lisa Weaver, (574) 361-1587
Karen Graybill 574-971-6623
Barb Christophel, (574) 875-3923
Make a monetary gift
Just use our secure donation form to pay with credit card or your bank account. Thanks!